It's an unsettling time for us all and at Kiltearn Guest House we want to keep things as normal as possible so that the focus of your stay continues to be to relax and unwind.
We'll be doing a lot of work behind the scenes to do everything possible to minimise the risk of Coronavirus. For your safety and peace of mind, we have put in place extra measures. All we ask is for guests to follow a few simple rules and we'll do the rest.
Our guidelines follow the advice given from the government and the health authorities, along with various industry bodies such as Visit Scotland and The Federation of Small Businesses. We are monitoring best practice guidance on a daily basis.
Due to the Coronavirus situation, we are presently only able to offer our self-catering apartment. The remaining guest house rooms are currently closed and we look forward to welcoming you from 15th July onwards.
How does Coronavirus spread?
- Direct contact to face (eyes,nose) from droplets spraying from an infected person onto another person who is in close contact
- Contamination via droplets from sneezing and coughing landing on surfaces and then transferring via hands on to eyes, nose and mouth.
- Contamination via infected people touching their face and then touching surfaces with contaminated hands.
- Contaminated hands of infected people can transfer the virus directly to others (eg handshakes).
What we are doing to protect you- how we are minimising the risk
- Bedrooms will be thoroughly deep cleaned between bookings using WHO approved hospital grade products with the BS EN1276 certification. An ozone generator will be used in all rooms after guest departure, which kills 99.98% of bacteria and viruses, certified by SGS- the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.
- Frequently touched surfaces in public areas for example light switches, remote controls, door handles and hand rails will be disinfected on a daily basis.
- Our laundry is cleaned externally to NHS standard.
- Everyone needs to frequently was their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds and keep a distance of 2 meters from eachother.
- Room keys will be sanitised on guests' departure.
- Guests will be seated 2 metres apart from others during breakfast. Cooked breakfasts will be placed at the collection point table by the entrance to the kitchen rather than being brought to your table
- Breakfast times will be staggered to fit in with your schedule during busy periods to avoid all guests being in the room at one time
- We will be minimising the chance of the guests touching the same options on the breakfast buffet by providing milk and cutlery on the table, along with individual portions of packet cereal/jam/butter etc.
- Packed lunches and picnics are available to preorder. Packed lunch containers, picnic baskets, flasks and ice packs will be disinfected before and after use.
- Tableware is sterilised in the dishwasher.
- On check-in we will confirm with you that neither you nor other guests have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases and therefore should be self isolating at home. On check-out, we will ask guests to let us know if they develop symptoms within 14 days of leaving Kiltearn House. Should any guests present with COVID-19 symptoms during their stay, it will be necessary for the guests within that party to return home immediately and self isolate, in order to help prevent the spread of infection.
- Please keep a 2 meter distance from guests outside your party at all times
- We are happy to assist you with carrying your luggage to your room.
- There will be hand sanitiser stations located in the public areas (entrance, guest lounge, breakfast room and landing next to the honesty fridge). Please use this every time you are enter and exit the building, upon entering and exiting the breakfast room and before and after using the honesty fridge on the landing.
- Unfortunately at the present time we will be unable to refresh rooms. We will of course replenish stock on the tea tray and bathroom products, which will be left outside your room door. Milk and filtered water will be available per room in the fridge on the landing. Fresh linen and towels will be offered every 3 days unless required sooner. Should you require fresh linen or towels, please use the laundry bag provided located in your wardrobe and place the bag outside of your door. Please leave your bin outside of your door so we may empty it.
- The First Minister has made it compulsory for everyone to wear a face covering in shops. We advise you to bring a face covering/mask with you in case you need it.
- If you are ordering a takeaway, you are welcome to use the dining room. Please give us prior notice so that we may have a table laid ready for you. When you have finished, just leave everything for us to clear away. There is a file of menus located in the guest lounge for your convenience. We will keep guests informed as and when local eateries are operating again.
Whilst it is preferable for guests to settle their bill online or over the telephone to avoid social contact, payment will continue to also be accepted via the card payment machine. This will be disinfected between usage.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep everyone safe.
Ed &Nel. July 2020