We can all reduce our impact on the environment by making carfully considered choices. As a guest, you have an important role to play in helping us to conserve our natural environment and assets to become a more sustainable business. Below are some ideas on how you can help.
· Switch off unnecessary lights and all lights when leaving your room;
· Turn off the shower heater using the pull cord/switch after use;
· Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth or shaving rather than leaving it running throughout;
· Only boil the amount of water in the kettle that you need;
· Unplug your electronic device/phone chargers when not in use;
· Keep windows closed when the heating is on and when you leave your room;
· Close the front door and porch door firmly when entering or leaving the property
· Consider leaving the car behind and opt for public transport instead. Ask us about local walks, sightseeing trips and bus timetables.
Support Local Businesses
· We are very fortunate to have fantastic local shops and restaurants. Just ask for recommendations. Some ideas are listed in your welcome pack
Reduce and Recycle
· Please place your recyclable rubbish in the green recycle section of your room bin.
· Consider reusing your towels. Soiled towels left in the shower cubicle will be replaced.
Enjoy and respect nature
· enjoy and respect the beautiful countryside;
· Leave no trace of your visit and take litter home;
· follow the countryside code. Visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-countryside-code
Ed &Nel White
Proprietors, Kiltearn Guest House, January 2020